Please enable the breadcrumb option to use this shortcode!
Getting into an accident can be a jarring experience, and it can be even more complicated if you don’t know what to do immediately following an accident.
Below is a list of some basic steps you can take if you’ve been involved in an accident during normal working hours (7:30 AM – 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday, Saturday 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM):
- Take a deep breath and quickly figure out if you’ve been hurt, if you’re bleeding or if you’re in any pain.
- Immediately call 911 and give them as much information as possible (i.e. the exact location of your accident, how many people are in the car, your first and last name)
- Check the other passengers in your car to see if they are injured and/or need immediate assistance. You should not rush to remove anyone from the vehicle because this may compound any injuries they have.
- Check to see if you can safely get out of your car or if you need to wait for assistance
- If you can get out of your car, check on the other vehicle(s) involved in the accident.
- After determining the overall health of everyone involved, gather the necessary insurance and contact information from the other driver(s).
- Name, address, phone number, e-mail of all drivers involved
- Trade insurance information
- If you have a camera handy, or if your cell phone has a camera option, take as many photos of the scene as you can
Getting to Arnold’s Body Shop
- If you are injured or if your car is severely damaged, call Arnold’s Body Shop and ask them to arrange a tow truck to come get your vehicle. You can reach them at 563-388-0004.
- If you are able to drive your car, take it to Arnold’s Body Shop after gathering the necessary contact information and filling out the police report. For directions, the address is 3514 Vine Street, Davenport, Iowa 52806. Working hours are (7:30 AM – 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday, Saturday 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM)
- If you can’t drive your vehicle for some other reason, you can call a tow truck, your insurance provider, a rental car or Arnold’s Body Shop at 563-388-0004.